Annual Collective Bargaining Workshop
Our one-day workshop will again be live, but now you may select to participate either in-person, or virtually via Zoom, based on your preference. Superintendents, business managers and school board negotiators will want to attend to be prepared for the bargaining table! TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Legal updates to the bargaining law, including Maine’s new Paid Family and Medical Leave law.
- Practical guidance for bargaining in good faith and preparing for success at the table.
- Legal framework of collective bargaining in schools and knowing what issues you can (and cannot) be required to negotiate.
- Assessing language proposals and costing out economic proposals.
- Traditional and problem solving approaches to negotiations and identifying which might be right for you.
- Current bargaining trends around Maine.