Webinar - Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect: Don’t Drop the Ball!
DHHS and law enforcement are increasing their oversight of school employees’ obligations to report suspected child abuse or neglect to the authorities. This webinar will review 2015 changes in the reporting law, the role of schools’ in reporting and investigating suspected abuse or neglect, and the importance of implementing up-to-date policies. Topics will include:
- Defining “abuse” and “neglect”
- Proper reporting procedures
- Updating reporting policies
- Consequences for violating the law
- Parents’ rights – do they have a right to know?