Schools, Technology and the Law
Technology has become ubiquitous in most schools and continues to change the way schools function and how people interact with each other.
This workshop is designed to help you identify key issues and provide practical guidance about how to address them.
Highlighted topics include:
- Maine’s New Student Data Privacy Agreement
- Managing Use of Online Service Providers
- New Maine State Archives Schedules & Retention of Digital Records
- Student, Staff & School Unit Use of Social Media
- Cybersecurity & Data Breaches
- Surveillance, Privacy & Searches of Students and Staff
- Policy Updates
- Regulating Staff & Student Use of Personal Electronic Devices
Come join us on the cutting edge of technology and the law.
Gain practical insights into the latest developments and issues in this rapidly evolving area that you can take back and put into practice in your school unit. Don’t miss it!
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for technology directors and other technology personnel, superintendents, board members, business managers, principals and assistant principals.
PLUS – As our thanks for joining us, attendees will automatically be entered to win an exciting prize that any tech-user is sure to love!