Schools, Technology and the Law
Practical guidance and the latest legal developments related to technology in schools.
Technology continues to change the way that schools function and how people interact with one another. Students are educated differently, records are maintained and shared differently, and students and staff interact with each other differently. Management of technology and how staff and students use it presents new and unique legal issues for schools, some of which require changes to school policy.
- Student and Staff Use of Social Media
- Use and Abuse of Personal Electronic Devices by Students and Staff
- Third Party Service Providers, Confidentiality, and the Cloud
- Copyright Dos and Don’ts
- Software Licenses
- Search and Seizure of Electronic Devices
- Policies and Procedures Every District Needs – Samples will be provided
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed primarily for technology directors and other technology personnel, superintendents, principals and assistant principals.