School Record Retention - the Law, the Rules, Policy and Best Practices - New Date!
Schools generate and receive enormous quantities of paper and digital records in the conduct of their normal operations. Organizing, managing and retaining all of these records presents difficult challenges, particularly in light of the complex web of federal/state laws, regulations and court rules that apply. In this seminar, we will provide:
- An overview of the laws and regulations governing record retention and destruction;
- A perspective on the importance of federal court rules on “litigation holds”;
- The special challenges of technology, email and digital records;
- Best practices and practical suggestions for managing your school records; and
- Plenty of time for your records questions.