School Law for Board Members
Created specifically for School Board members and Superintendents, this workshop will give participants the tools needed to effectively deal with most school law situations that come before Boards, as well as insights on how to avoid the pitfalls that can undermine their educational goals.
- Employment Issues: Discussion of Maine employment law as it applies to all employees, including administrators
- Collective Bargaining: Assessment of the role of the Board and the Superintendent in regards to bargaining and grievances
- Student Issues: What you need to know about residency, discipline, and the Constitutional rights of students
- Duties of School Boards and Superintendents: Respective roles and responsibilities
- Special Education: Information to help you better understand the world of special education