Records Management and Retention: What Schools Need to Know and Best Practices
Schools generate and receive enormous quantities of paper and electronic records every day. Organizing, managing and retaining all of these records presents difficult challenges, particularly in light of the complex web of federal/state laws, regulations and court rules that apply.
In this workshop, we will provide:
- An overview of the laws and regulations governing record retention and destruction.
- The special challenges of technology, email and digital records.
- Information about the importance of federal court rules on “litigation holds”.
- Best practices and practical suggestions for managing your school records.
- Plenty of time for your questions on records management.
Who should attend?
Because record retention is an issue that has far-reaching policy, liability and management implications for school units, we encourage superintendents, business managers, technology coordinators, special education directors, principals, administrative assistants and others responsible for records management to attend. As with all Drummond Woodsum events, we will provide helpful written materials, practical advice and the most up to date analysis.