Playing by the Rules: Schools, Sports and the Law
Athletics generate great excitement, emotion, and interest in Maine schools. They are also one of the most common sources of potential legal liability and adverse publicity when something goes wrong. As a result, knowing, understanding, and following the many rules imposed by federal and state laws, as well as school board policies, is critical for school employees involved in a school’s athletic programs.
- Student-Athlete Free Speech
- Coaches Best Practices in the Age of Social Media
- Handling Athlete and Parent Complaints
- Title IX Compliance
- Booster Clubs
- Transgender Student-Athletes
- Investigating Student Misconduct and Imposing Discipline
Who should attend?
- Athletic Directors