Don’t be “Dazed and Confused” by the New Discipline Law in New Hampshire
The law that everyone should be talking about! The extensive 2020 rewrite of the NH student discipline laws goes into effect on July 1, 2021. With schools going back to full swing next year after very long hiatus, we are hopeful for an uneventful start of the 2021 school-year. But don’t wait until it’s too late. Now is the time to master the new regular education discipline standards and gear up for whatever comes your way!
We will review the changes to the student discipline law, and the most recent court rulings on student misbehavior off school grounds, an issue that is heading right to the U.S. Supreme Court! We will also provide our participants with a model local policy implementing the state discipline law.
After June 30, you can FORGET the old law, because the new law is the only one you NEED TO REMEMBER! This conference will be a dynamic and fun, on-line ZOOM presentation by our Drummond Woodsum school law team. We will be seeking questions in advance from our enrollees, and then raffling-off conference t-shirts to the TOP TEN questions we select for conference consideration.The following topics will all be addressed at this conference:
- New regular education discipline standards
- Maintaining safe schools in regular or special education
- New model policy on student discipline
- Student misbehavior triggering special education child find duties
- The growing requirement for behavior plans and FBAs
- Use of the expedited due process hearing options
- Plus your TOP TEN submissions!