Blast Off! A Countdown of 2022’s Top Issues in Special Education!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Three, Two, One, Blast Off! At this must-attend ZOOOOM conference, your trusty Drummond Woodsum Special Education Team is going to boldly lead you on a round-trip voyage analyzing the most challenging special education issues that have sent you and your teams into orbit this year. Our hope is to provide you with both the legal standards that apply to these issues and very practical tips on how to confidently respond to these issues when they arise (and they will!). Here are the leading contenders for our presentation topics:
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- School duties toward nonattending students
- Projecting student IEP growth: Startling lessons from the First Circuit
- Managing compensatory education claims
- Courts and methodology – It’s never what you think!
- Student behaviors: Threat assessments, expedited hearings, 5th grade and under law, and new federal guidance
- Responding to placement shortages
- Responding to staffing shortages
- Restraint and seclusion compliance
- MaineCare funding Issues