Another Brick in the Wall? ZOOM Edition
With the passing of HB 2, many are wondering did the state government just put up another “brick in the wall” of public education? HB 2 limits the authority of local school districts by regulating the contents of school district training and teaching. This “divisive concepts” law has significant consequences for local school boards, school administrators, and teachers who do not comply with those limitations. All school administrators will need to be prepared for these limitations as prepare staff trainings, develop school curriculum, and guide teachers through this new minefield. Join us on August 5th as we discuss this new “divisive concepts” law and how it impacts public schools:
- To whom does this law apply?
- What does the law even mean?
- Can teachers teach about history and world events with these limitations?
- How will districts comply with federal non-discrimination laws with these restrictions?
- How does this intersect with other state laws limiting schools, such as the objectionable content exceptions?
- What are the consequences for not complying with this law?