Annual Legislative Update
The Maine Legislature has been active this session and has passed many new laws that will impact how schools conduct their business going forward. Our team at Drummond Woodsum is in the process of digesting these new laws to understand their impact (and monitoring those bills that could still become law). Together with Maine School Management Association, we invite you to our annual conference at which we will review the new laws and explain how the school law landscape has shifted once again. Among the new laws we will discuss are:
- Changes to the collective bargaining law;
- Changes to Maine's Equal Pay law;
- Changes to the Maine Human Rights Act;
- Changes to the Freedom of Access Act;
- Changes to Maine’s truancy law;
- And others!