Annual Legislative Update-ZOOM Edition
The 2021 legislative session has generated a host of changes to education and employment laws that will have a profound impact on school employment, students and school board policy-making. Please mark the date on your calendar for a comprehensive review of the new legislation by Drummond Woodsum attorneys. New laws that have been enacted or that will take effect this Fall include:
- Changes to the bargaining law;
- Changes to the Freedom of Access Act, including new requirements to hold remote meetings;
- Limits on the use of Restraint and Seclusion to address student behavior;
- Limits on the discipline that can be imposed on students grade 5 and below;
- A new "workplace bullying" law.
- And others!