A.W.O.L.! How Should Schools Respond to Students Who Don't Show Up?
Schools face tough challenges with students who don’t (or won’t) come to school, and have even been held responsible for thousands of dollars in private placement costs! Don’t miss this timely and essential program for schools searching for ways to deal with non-attending students. An essential conference for all school officials concerned with students who are not attending school. Our Drummond Woodsum team will discuss the wide range of situations schools face when students do not attend their school programs. Topics include:
- Special Education Liability for Non-Attending Students
- Making Truancy Laws Work
- Childfind and Referral Duties for Non-Attending Students
- Special Education Intervention Models
- Reporting "Chronic Absenteeism" under ESSA
- Advice from Dr. Jefferson on Assessing and Programming for Non-Attendance